Maxability is seeking two new Trustees to strengthen its Board and help to grow its unique, inclusive arts charity for the future.
Founded by parents with a disabled child, Maxability’s mission is to enhance the lives of disabled adults in London’s Borough of Barnet and to enable people to realise their creative potential through ceramics classes.
Maxability offers a range of weekly classes in its fully equipped ceramics studio in North West London, run by experienced ceramics tutors, for disabled people, including those with mental health issues, older people, and people on low incomes.
Maxability is looking for Trustees:
- Who are passionate about the arts as a tool for social change and well-being, and who care about making a difference for disabled and marginalised people.
- Who can commit to being active trustees and contribute to the growth and security of the charity.
- Who are decisive, flexible and speak their mind, and thrive working closely in a small group to support the charity and its staff.
and who can bring skills / experience in one or more of the following:
- HR / management
- A background in ceramics
- IT and communications (including PR, website, social media)
- Disability services/rights
- Art therapy and art education
Lived experience of disability/long-term health conditions/mental health issues, including as parents/carers, and of social exclusion, would be an advantage.
You do not need to have previous trustee experience to apply.
As a trustee, you will:
- Contribute to Maxability’s vital and inspiring work, and play a crucial role in supporting disabled people.
- Gain an insight into the workings of a thriving creative arts charity and a ceramics studio.
- Develop leadership, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Work with dedicated and experienced trustees and staff, including artists and educators.
Trustees are responsible for providing leadership and support to staff to deliver Maxability’s strategic plans and ensure the longevity of the charity’s services.
There are four formal Board meetings a year, an AGM and a handful of other planning meetings, which currently take place via Zoom and may also take place at the studio in NW9 or the charity’s registered office in N14.
Trustees spend time preparing for meetings and liaising about strategic decisions and governance via email/phone. The time commitment is approximately 8 hours per month.
For more information and to apply, please contact us by email.
Timeline for selection:
- Please send a CV and cover letter / email by 31st October 2021.
- Interviews for the Trustee roles will take place w/c 8th November via Zoom.
We can’t wait to hear from you!